Wednesday, March 02, 2005

 

Answer to about the long delay..

Q - From KianB: One of the posts on your blog is dated back to 2000. It was originally published in an Iranian journal in US. The rest of the posts are from February 2005, so my immediate question was why it took so long and what was stopping you from telling your side of story?
Did you have another weblog before that we aren’t aware of? And how realistic is the need to write?


A - I always wanted to tell the story and had to fight the family for getting permission from them. I even got a note from her daughters encouraging me to stop. I guess they need time to get over their hurt and society was rude to them, but I can’t keep quiet.
At last I asked this publication, Azadi, to write half of the story. This is a publication run by grand child of Mossadegh, Mr. Matin Daftari. It was later translated by Mr. Sepehr Manouchehri and was published .
I did not share her diary that was written in her own handwriting and left it with a relative to keep until future . I do strongly feel that her diary should be published cause that is why she wrote it, but can’t fight the whole family . You see you try to hurt them less after such big cruelty being done to them, I gave all my pictures and documents, except her diary that she wrote days before her capture, to a writer in DC (Mrs. Peernia) and am hoping that she would publish it.
I amy post a page with her handwritting that I have just as a sample .






I need either a sponsor or a publisher who is so attached to the story, or love women’s cause, that would publish it for me for free! At any rate there is no other website and I am telling chunk by chunk of my life in Iran and whatever happened to me, which witnessing my aunt working honestly as a Secretary of Education during Pahlavi dynasty, and later after the revolution her capture, the firing squad by the regime of mullahs in Iran, accused of being a Bahai or wrong-doer, participating in her burial and all were part of it.

Comments:
This story must be heard!
 
Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?